<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d16099677\x26blogName\x3dPoker+Twitch\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pokertwitch.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pokertwitch.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7310458489490254455', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Heads Up Challenge 2

As Poker Professional Joe Sebok so eloquently stated during an interview of the 2005 World Series of Poker, "I'm dangerous because I'm a little bit stupid." If this is true, I'm going to be very dangerous. I hope so because I've just gone and done something rather rash. I went and jumped on the Heads Up Challenge 2 Bandwagon.

In psychological terms it's known as immersion (I know this because CC told me so). It's one way a person can get over fears/personal roadblocks/challenges. The person totally immerses themselves in something they don't like (which would be kind of like dropping me off in the middle of Paris.)

I have a horrible track record of finishing tournaments in second once the game comes down to a heads up situation, something like 1 first place finish vs. over a dozen 2nd place finishes. So now that I'm working to get my bankroll up in part through tournament finishes, I figure it's high time I figure this whole heads up thing out. What better way to do this than with some fellow poker bloggers and fine poker players. So even though I'm fighting with a limited bankroll at the moment, I've jumped into the HUC2.

For those HUC2 members here to my site for the first time, welcome. I have explored at least half of your sites over the past few months, while others will be new visits. I look forward to learning from you all. And with a bit of luck, I might even make a few bucks in the process.

I'm currently working on a web page attached to my site which will show the tournament standings as it progresses. I'll be sure to post the site link once it's fully up and functional.