<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d16099677\x26blogName\x3dPoker+Twitch\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pokertwitch.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pokertwitch.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7310458489490254455', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It Never Fails

I come up with a good safe game plan in which I hope to safely grow my meager bankroll. It's usually a good plan, well thought out, and carefully analyzed. Then something jumps up and throws the whole plan out the window. What's that called? Oh yea, Life.

So here WAS my original plan. I have my UB bankroll up to where it can support a level shift from my regular .10 NL game up to the .25 NL game. I realize this isn't a huge jump, but I'm trying to set myself a precedent for future level jumps. Today was my Data Mining Day, four 10 person tables at the .10/.25 NL level and I thought about just leaving them on all weekend when I'm up in Buffalo for Thanksgiving. This should give me a decent read on which players I should stay away from, which players I should look for, and gather raw data to help make future decisions. Once my deposit bonus was cleared through UB, I was going to move a good portion of my (hopefully) larger bankroll over to Absolute Poker where I still have a large deposit bonus ($110.00) to clear off there. Sounds very responsible of me doesn't it? I thought so too.

Then I got an email.

It was from Absolute Poker notifying me that my $110.00 initial Bonus Deposit is going to expire on December 7, 2005. That gives me 14 days to clear 1,100 points. Crap. My bankroll there? $9.00. DoUBle Crap (or would that be crap squared?) I'm going out of town for the next 5 days. Oh for the love of Crap.

Ok, new game plan. Starting Sunday (First day I'll be able to play) Take all $9.00 into a .25 NL game, try to hang around, maybe even doUBle up once or twice and then log out if/when I hit $35.00. Take that into either a .25/.50 NL game or maybe even a .50/1.00 NL game (depending on the stack sizes of the other players) Then fold like crazy and let the other players build up the pots and earn me bonus points. Provided I don't lose my bankroll, I should be able to clear that bonus in about 11-13 hours. If I play a couple of hours in the morning and an hour or so in the evenings, then a crap load of poker on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of next week, I should be able to do it.

Once it's cleared I'm putting the entire bankroll onto Poker Stars (I hope they do a 20% reload bonus soon after I'm done), or maybe I'll keep playing at it until I earn enough points to win a hat. More than likely I'll just leave the money there and go back to trying to clear the UB bonus before that one expires. Then after Christmas I'll go to work on winning hats. Wish me luck.