<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d16099677\x26blogName\x3dPoker+Twitch\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pokertwitch.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pokertwitch.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7310458489490254455', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, November 17, 2005

This is Not My Cow!

You know what I really hate? (Besides the French) I hate it when you're in a cash game, waiting patiently for a good hand, and you finally get it. It comes in the form of a pair of pocket fours, ok no great hand yet, but hey, it could get better right? And it does on the flop, I get my 4 for a set. The board also brings a 3 and a Queen. Queen is good because I can get some bets from the rest of the table. The turn brings another Q which fills up my boat and neutralizes the Flush possibility. One player bets, I call, and the last person in the hand folds. The river is an A which completes the flush draw which I'm hoping the other player is shooting for. He bets all in and I have him right? Nope, Full Houses don't hold up against Dem Quad Beeches. *grumble* Stupid four of a kind.

That is all.

**Update - That is NOT all, I shall continue. I'm posting the hand history to ask one question, please review the hand and read the question at the end.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) converter

CO ($1.92)
Button ($8.14)
SB ($4.43)
BB ($2.83)
UTG ($2.74)
UTG+1 ($1.38)
Twitch ($1.94)
MP2 ($4.03)
MP3 ($4.63)

Preflop: Twitch is MP1 with 4h, 4c.
UTG calls $0.02, UTG+1 calls $0.02, Twitch calls $0.02, 5 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.09) Qs, 3c, 4s (4 players)
BB checks, UTG bets $0.1, UTG+1 folds, Twitch calls $0.10, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.29) Qc (2 players)
UTG bets $0.2, Twitch calls $0.20.

River: ($0.69) Ac (2 players)
UTG bets $2.42 (All-In), Twitch calls $1.62 (All-In).

Final Pot: $4.73

UTG has Qd Qh (four of a kind, queens).
Twitch has 4h 4c (full house, fours full of queens).
Outcome: UTG wins $4.73.

My question is this, after reviewing his play I never would have pegged him for pocket Queens, and when I was watching the hand I was happy a club came on the flop which would have filled out his flush draw (which is what I put him on). With an ace on the board, should I have been worried about a hand like AQ for a stronger full house? Would anyone out there have layed down this hand? In all cases I would have lost this hand regardless as I was never ahead at any point, but by the river was there any substantial evidence I should have noticed to let me know I was dead? Just wondering.