<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d16099677\x26blogName\x3dPoker+Twitch\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pokertwitch.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pokertwitch.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7310458489490254455', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, November 07, 2005

Unexpected Fame

I've been blogging off and on for about three years now. In that time, I've come across thousands of blogs, linked to a fraction of them, and even been linked back to now and again by friends, fellow Baltimore Bloggers, and most recently fellow Degenerates. It's in this last set that I find one of my blogs popping up with more and more frequency.

About for or five months ago I was reading Wil Wheaton's Blog and he was again talking about poker. He even mentioned a book, Lee Jones Winning at Low Limit Holdem. I decided to figure out this whole poker thing for myself. I read a couple of basic websites and came across some sites they offered. Free play money poker. Gold. I bought Jones Book and I've been hooked ever since.

Since then I've been reading poker blogs every day (at work anyway, at home I'm usually too busy playing poker). This week, while playing with my stat counter tools, I came across the referrer section. I've found myself on two big (popular) blogs that I hadn't realized I was on before and one that I had emailed requesting a link, I never would have thought to actually get accepted.

I would like to take a moment to sincerely thank Joe Speaker, the Poker Prof, and most recently Daddy, for adding my site to their blogs. I am truly honored. I would also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone that stops by here to read my usually senseless dribble.

All this fame and fortune makes me think I should attempt to put forth some great words of wisdom for either new(er) players or help remind some of the older ones what it's like being sucked into the game for the first time, and I feel like I should put forth something socially redeeming. But then I usually read Daddy's blog and realize that it's all good, the good, the bad, and especially the ugly. Thanks for stopping by, feel free to leave a comment.